Start a new topic

Studio 2018c plugin not showing

I am evaluating upgrading to latest versions of our build tools for an upgrade to our existing simulator project.  We have a plugin developed in an older version of Visual Studios C++ for an older version of Vortex Studio. I I only had to make few minor changes to get it to compile.

However, when I transfer the .vxp into the plugins directory (C:\CM Labs\Vortex Studio 2018c\plugins), it does not appear in the "Currently installed plugins" list.

I have also compiled and transferred the ExUserExtension tutorial and it doesn't appear in the list either.

Versions

Visual Studio = MSVC++ 14.16 _MSC_VER == 1916 (Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9)

Vortex Studio = 2018.18.0.31

From your Release Notes, Vortex Studio 2018c is compatible with MSVC++ 2015 (VC14) but I believe that 2015 and 2017 binaries are compatible as indicated by the same major version number - 14.

Is there a compatibility problem or some other reason for this behavior?

Thanks - Denver

7132:39957

Hi Denver,

you are right that it should work since MSVC 2017 is compatible with MSVC 2015.

However, we have some compatibility code in our plugin management that needs to be updated to support that feature. If you look at the logs of our application, you will see that an error is produced by your plugin indicating such incompatibility.

The good news is that this is fixed in Vortex Studio 2019a which is coming soon.

You should try again when Studio 2019a is out.

Regards,

Marc.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions Marc.  Do you have a rough release date for Vortex Studio 2019a?

Regards,

Denver

Hi Denver,

we're starting the beta program soon so it might take a couple of months to get to the final release.

would you be interested in the beta program? what kind of license do you have?

if you are interested, we should continue this discussion on the support channel.

Regards,

Marc.

Marc I have been looking at Vortex C++ SDK examples.  I want to make a simple plugin extension as sort of just a test.  What is the best approach to make my own plugin.

I started to copy and example and change the class names, but a DLL needs a key generated among other things, and I'm not sure exactly how to go about this and didn't find anything about it in your documentation, though I may have just missed it.

I'd appreciate some direction.

Thanks

Jay Barbeau

Hi Jay,

this might help you : https://www.cm-labs.com/vortexstudiodocumentation/Vortex_User_Documentation/Content/VortexStudioSDK/SDK_customizing.html#Factory_Key

Look for "guid generator visual studio" on the web and you'll find how to generate a new key.

Marc.

Login to post a comment