Start a new topic

How to activate Vortex on linux?

Hi all,

I was fortunate to get a Vortex Studio for Academics activation key. But how do I get a license key or file that I can use to activate the license on my pc (I am running Ubuntu)?

I am running the VortexLicenseManager script in the Vortex Studio 2018a (Linux) package.

I get the following messages when trying to use the activation key as input to the VortexLicenseManager script:

==> Activating key: ****-****-****-**** (I have hidden the key)
Tue Apr 30 13:05:58 2019 - INFO: LicenseTool::activateLicense: Success because the license already activated on this host.
Tue Apr 30 13:05:58 2019 - INFO: LicenseTool::activateLicense: Writing license file to: /tmp/license.lic.
Tue Apr 30 13:05:58 2019 - WARN: LicenseTool::getLicenseDetails: Error checking out a license for product: studio_limited_2 : No license for product.
Tue Apr 30 13:05:58 2019 - WARN: LicenseTool::getLicenseDetails: Error checking out a license for product: studio_full_1 : No license for product.
Tue Apr 30 13:05:58 2019 - WARN: LicenseTool::getLicenseDetails: Error checking out a license for product: editor : No license for product.
Tue Apr 30 13:05:58 2019 - WARN: LicenseTool::getLicenseDetails: Error checking out a license for product: console : No license for product.
Tue Apr 30 13:05:58 2019 - WARN: LicenseTool::getLicenseDetails: Error checking out a license for product: cadimport : No license for product.
ERROR: Generated license file does not contain any licenses.

Best Regards,

Mathias Thor

Hi Mathias,

I asked our Licensing group about this. 

Can you provide the specs of your hardware so we can help you troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you.

I'm working in Ubuntu 18.04 on a desktop PC with an Intel i9 processor, 32GB ram, and an Nvidia GTX 2080. 

Hi Mathias,

The academic activation you were given is unfortunately out of date, it will not function either on Windows or Linux. We are in the process of renewing this type of license and our server will be also updated. You will however have to upgrade your version of Vortex to the latest 2019a release.

We are sorry about the inconvenience. You will be provided a new activation key when all of this completed on our side.

Regards.

Dear Vortex Studio Support Team,

Thank you for the feedback. I will upgrade my version to 2019a when I get the new key. 

Do you an estimated timeframe on the updates and the new key? I am currently finishing up some projects where we rely on Vortex to perform the final experiments.

Best Regards,

Mathias Thor

Dear Vortex Studio Support Team,

Is there any news regarding this issue?

Best Regards,

Mathias Thor

We've been directly in contact to resolve this. Please let us know if you still have problems.

Login to post a comment