Start a new topic

Problem with Python Version?

I installed Python 2.7.3 on my machine and then installed Vortex 2019a.  I know it says it uses Python 2.7.13 I think by default, but you can set up any compiler and it can work with that.

I have a problem in the Vortex Editor in Python scripts.  I can't edit a script that is pre-attached to some Mechanism.  If I make a new script and cut and paste the code this is a work-around, but not good.

I also can't CHECK SYNTAX.  I suppose this is because I have 2.7.3 installed in my system.  Perhaps there are some other Vortex Editor settings somewhere to fix this, but I can't find it.

Or should I uninstall 2.7.3 and install 2.7.13?  Or not use and external Python compiler at all?  

I may end up editing my scripts in another editor anyway, but I want the Vortex Environment to work right, and it's not.  I get no CHECK SYNTAX button and pre-existing scripts to pre-existing mechanisms are completely blocked from editing in Vortex.

Thanks for your help.

1 person has this question

Hi Jay,

If under "Script File", you already specified a script, you cannot edit your script in the "Code" section anymore. You should use your personal editor to edit your python script. 

By modifying your script then clicking on the "Output" window, you should be able to see your syntax error. 

If it still doesn't work, install the recommended system python interpreter : https://www.cm-labs.com/vortexstudiodocumentation/Vortex_User_Documentation/Content/VortexStudioSDK/SDK_pything_scripting.html

Vortex 

Thanks guys I appreciate the clarification

Login to post a comment