Start a new topic

Can I use Vortex Studio Director by my academic license?

Hello.

Now I use vortex studio editor only, but I'm thinking about using vortex studio director.

This is because I would like to perform an experiment in a more efficient way by creating simulation settings.

However, when I try to open vortex studio director, an error message which said "Vortex Studio Director is not licensed on this computer"appeared.

So, my question is, can I use vortex studio director by my academic license?

If I have to get another license to use vortex studio director, will you please give me one?

Hello Shinya,

Vortex Director is aimed at configuring distributed simulators, it might be overkill as a first step.

You should have a desktop link to the Vortex Player. This application is using the Vortex Director under the hood but is available with your license. From the Vortex Player, you can run simulation on your local desktop. You can also modify its Setup as long as you run locally on the same computer.

Have a look at the online documentation : https://www.cm-labs.com/vortexstudiodocumentation/Vortex_User_Documentation/Default.htm#Player/index.html

Regards,

Marc.

Hello Marc,

I have already had some distributed simulators(.vxc file), which my colleague used to use.

I want to edit this file through Vortex Director.

Probably, it seems impossible for me to edit this through only Vortex Player.

I tried many times, but it didn't work.

Then, can I ask you to give me another license to use Vortex Director?

Best regards,

Shinya.

Hello,

.vxc file are called Setup files and can be edited with the Vortex Editor.

.simulator files are the ones describing the topology of the simulator and can be edited with Vortex Director.

In any case, you should download the latest Vortex Studio 2020a, Vortex Director does not require a specific license anymore and you should be able to use it locally with an Academic license.

Regards,

Marc.

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.

However, I could not run Vortex Studio Director somehow.

Whenever I try to run Vortex Studio Director, the same error message shows up(See an attached picture).

It seems that I can run only Vortex Studio Editor and Vortex Studio Player with my academic license.

I'm so sorry about the inconvenience I cause, but will you please issue another license for me?

Best regards,

Shinya.

Hello Shinya,

If you are running Vortex Studio 2020a. you do not need a new license issued, you should be able to run the Vortex Director with you Academic license. 

The Vortex Director is license locked in previous version.

Regards, 

Nicolas

Login to post a comment