Start a new topic
Answered

Problem adding VHL Interface Inputs

I am trying to setup a VHL interface with both inputs and outputs. However, I am only able to add inputs for some reason. I tested this on the paddle mechanism VHL in the paddleball scene from the SDK tutorials and on a new empty scene. As you can see below the + only shows up for outputs and not for inputs. I am using Vortex Studio 2019c (version 2019.22.0.57) - 64-bits

Thank you for the help

Best Answer

Hi Jacob,

The answer lies in this documentation page:

https://www.cm-labs.com/vortexstudiodocumentation/Vortex_User_Documentation/Default.htm#Editor/vhl_editor_create.html

In essence, you can drag and drop inputs, outputs and parameters from existing objects (e.g., parts, constraints etc.) into VHL interfaces.

This is how you expose and group these properties into higher level interfaces in your assembly, mechanism or scene depending on your design.

You can also add outputs manually, which is what the + button you refer to is for. Only outputs can be added manually to VHL interfaces in 2019c. VHL interfaces are no "data producers". They are just "data exposers" and communicate with actual simulated entities that are in your simulation.

I hope this helps to clarify your observations.

Cheers,

Daniel

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Jacob,

The answer lies in this documentation page:

https://www.cm-labs.com/vortexstudiodocumentation/Vortex_User_Documentation/Default.htm#Editor/vhl_editor_create.html

In essence, you can drag and drop inputs, outputs and parameters from existing objects (e.g., parts, constraints etc.) into VHL interfaces.

This is how you expose and group these properties into higher level interfaces in your assembly, mechanism or scene depending on your design.

You can also add outputs manually, which is what the + button you refer to is for. Only outputs can be added manually to VHL interfaces in 2019c. VHL interfaces are no "data producers". They are just "data exposers" and communicate with actual simulated entities that are in your simulation.

I hope this helps to clarify your observations.

Cheers,

Daniel

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment