Start a new topic
Answered

Can't transfer mechanism to Unreal engine

When I move the engine to the Unreal engine, a blueprint is created, but the engine parts are not there. What is the problem and what am I doing wrong?
unnamed.png
(16.4 KB)

Best Answer
Hello Daniel, Thanks a lot for the advice. I found what the problem is. You need to add FBX to your project folder before importing

I tried to follow this instruction earlier, but it still doesn't work.

1 person likes this

Hi Timur,

Did you have a look at the step-by-step procedure for importing a Vortex mechanism into Unreal Engine provided here?

https://vortexstudio.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/VSD20B/pages/842563143/Unreal+Engine+Integration#UnrealEngineIntegration-ImportingMechanismsintoUnreal

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Daniel

Answer
Hello Daniel, Thanks a lot for the advice. I found what the problem is. You need to add FBX to your project folder before importing

Hi Timur,

I am glad you found out what the issue was. Could you elaborate on the solution steps a little more please? I don't fully understand what you mean by "add FBX".

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel, I mean that before importing mechanism, you need to add your FBX model to your project folder.

Hi Timur,

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried our sample project? A link is provided in the marketplace plugin description here:

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/vortex-studio

Can you check if this works for you?

Also, what version of Unreal and Vortex are you using exactly?

Thanks,

Daniel

HiĀ Daniel.

Yes, thanks, I looked at this example. I've tried carrying it around and it is perfectly portable. But my project is failing. Maybe I confused the hierarchy?

I am using version 2020a

Hi Timur,

To get to the bottom of this, I suggest you to maybe replace some components in our sample project with your mechanism that you want to bring in and see if this works.

Let me know if that would work for you.

Cheers,

Daniel

Login to post a comment